The CPSSA's mission is to:
- Provide support, education and resources for children with stroke, their families and their communities;
- Facilitate and support connections among pediatric stroke communities Canada-wide and internationally;
- Increase awareness about pediatric stroke throughout Canada;
- Support collaboration between families, physicians and the medical community for purposes such as education or advancement of science;
- Inform families of fundraising opportunities that will help support research and advocacy projects;
- Inform policymakers about pediatric stroke so that they may support appropriate legislation and research that will impact these special children; and
- Carryout the vision, mission and activities of the CPSSA in such a way that illustrates non-profit industry best practices.